(From June/July or September 2018, 32-40 hours per week, 4 - 6 months)
Looking for an unforgettable experience within a great logistics team? Are you a real multi-tasker? And ready to further professionalize our department? Then read on!
Who are we?
WakaWaka was founded in 2012. We make high-tech products and accessories powered by solar energy (WakaWaka’s) that are successfully sold in developing countries as well as on the Western market. We are a Dutch company with a head office in Haarlem and offices in the United States and Rwanda.
Our Mission is Safe Sustainable Solar for all, so the same high quality solar products for everyone!
The target groups of WakaWaka are both Western markets (for commuting, outdoors sports and activities such as camping) as well as developing countries and the Bottom of the Pyramid. We predominantly sell our products through Retail channels (in store and online), B2B, NGOs and through our own webshop.
What is the internship all about?
As our logistics intern you will support the logistics team in the Netherlands with the daily shipments to our global destinations and help further professionalize our supply chain. We offer an environment where you can learn a lot about global supply chains and international distribution models, as we deliver shipments to practically every destination in the world.
Furthermore you will work together with our warehousing partners in the Netherlands, Rwanda and the US to provide quotations to our sales operations and support to our customers. You will also be dedicated to one or more projects to help structure and professionalize our supply chain.
What will be your responsibilities?
• Coordinate national and international land-, air- and sea-freight shipments.
• Prepare documents for import and export shipments in consultation with our customers.
• Inventory management
• Provide our Sales & Marketing department with quotations for international shipments.
• Manage our Logistics administration.
• Proactively advise how (processes around) the WakaWaka logistics department can be further improved.
• Manage logistics projects either alone or with a senior colleague, depending on the size of the project. Example topics could be:
• What are the newest innovation areas looking at global supply chains, and how can we implement them at WakaWaka?
• How can we standardize our supply chain to be most cost efficient?
• Competitor analysis of transportation costs calculated to customers
• How can we efficiently structure warehousing and transportation globally?
• How can we lower global duties and taxes by smart distribution and/or local partial assembly?
• You are in your 3rd year of a related HBO or WO study in logistics, supply chain, innovation or any other relevant education.
• You must have proven fluent verbal and written control of the English language. Fluency in Dutch is considered a preference.
- Should your profile not match our vacancy description completely, please don’t hesitate to still send your resume and motivation letter to us.
Who are you?
• You have an interest in WakaWaka’s vision and goal and are passionate to contribute.
• You are proactive and like sharing your ideas in an open environment.
• You enjoy an environment that’s ever changing and know how to shift between long term projects and matters that need an immediate response.
• You are capable of building structure in a chaotic environment.
Why an internship at WakaWaka?
• Get experience with a rapidly growing social enterprise;
• Are part of a dynamic, young, enthusiastic and passionate team;
• Will experience an unprecedented good working atmosphere where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
• Have a lot of personal responsibility, room for input and flexible working hours;
• Are doing an internship where you do not get coffee (sometimes yes) and where your colleagues get coffee for you;
• Get satisfaction! Generate direct measurable impact in the world.
Also useful to know:
• Starting date: as of June / July 2018 (flexibility on the start date is possible)
• Internship hours per week: 32 - 40 hours
• Duration of the stay: 4 to 6 months
• Internship allowance: €350 based on 40 hours per week
• Location: Haarlem
Are you ready for this unforgettable experience?
Send your motivation and CV to Esther (HR Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible!