Start: June/July or September 2018, 32-40 hours per week, 4 - 6 months
Are you looking for an internship within a rapidly growing and leading sustainable company in the centre of Haarlem? If you have knowledge of marketing and retail, always willing to go one step further and can multi-task without losing focus then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
WakaWaka was founded in 2012. We make high-tech products and accessories powered by solar energy (WakaWaka’s) that are successfully sold in developing countries as well as on the Western market. We are a Dutch company with a head office situated in Haarlem with other office locations in the United States and Rwanda.
Our Mission is Safe Sustainable Solar for all, so the same high quality solar products for everyone!
The target groups of WakaWaka are both Western markets (for commuting, outdoors sports and activities such as camping) as well as developing countries where people are (involuntarily) living off the grid. We predominantly sell our products through Retail channels (in store and online), B2B, NGOs and through our own webshop.
What is the internship all about?
During this internship you will support the marketing team, which consists of the brand manager, online marketeer and trade marketeer, and implement the designed strategy, by developing communication campaigns.
Tasks can be for example:
- content production (video, photo, design)
- content creation (social media posts, news reports website, newsletter)
- creating campaigns and other marketing materials
- social media and community management
- and many more
You will have a close link with our sales team to ensure all the materials for promoting our brand are created and readily available when needed.
We are looking for someone with a hands on mentality, who is creative, analytical and above all, practical. Would you like to work in a commercial but idealistic environment? Then you are the one we are looking for.
Why an internship at WakaWaka?
- Get experience with a rapidly growing social enterprise;
- Are part of a dynamic, young, enthusiastic and passionate team;
- Will experience an unprecedented good working atmosphere where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
- Have a lot of personal responsibility, room for input and flexible working hours;
- Are doing an internship where you do not get coffee (sometimes yes) and where your colleagues get coffee for you;
- Get satisfaction! Generate direct measurable impact in the world.
What do we offer you?
- A challenging internship within a dynamic, fast growing and social company
- A lot of responsibility and space for input
- An enthusiastic and passionate team of colleagues
- Full growth opportunities
- Possibilities for carrying out your own research
- An internship allowance of 350 euros (based on 40 hours)
What have you already done?
- You are a 3rd year HBO / WO bachelor / master student who studies marketing / media / information and communication / business administration / or similar
- You have affinity with social entrepreneurship, development cooperation, innovation, sustainability and new media.
- You have an excellent command of the English language in word and writing, German and / or French would be nice
- You have some experience with Photoshop , Indesign & Illustrator or are eager to learn it
- You have experience with SEO
- You are familiar with handy like Apps (Drive, Gmail, Hangouts, Mailchimp)
- Pré: You preferably have experience with relevant activities or projects outside of your studies.
Ready for an unforgettable experience?
Send your motivation and CV to Esther (HR Manager) via email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible.