Sales Department Intern
(Starting June / July or September 2018, 24-40 hours per week, 4 - 6 months)
Are you ready for an unforgettable internship experience with an award-winning, impact-driven social enterprise? Is the sun always shining when you are selling? And are you a real go-getter? Then read on!
Who are we?
WakaWaka was founded in the year 2012. We make high-tech products and accessories powered by solar energy (WakaWaka’s) that are successfully sold in developing countries as well as on the Western market. We are a Dutch company with a head office in Haarlem and offices in the United States and Rwanda.
Our Mission is Safe Sustainable Solar for all, so the same high quality solar products for everyone!
The target groups of WakaWaka are both Western markets (for commuting, outdoors sports and activities such as camping) as well as developing countries and the Bottom of the Pyramid. We currently predominantly sell our products through Retail channels (in store and online), B2B, NGOs and through our own webshop.
What are the internship conditions?
From June / July 2018 we are looking for an intern who wants to gain experience in our fast-growing, leading sustainable company. Ideally you will be someone with knowledge and an affinity for sales, events and/or commerce, but most importantly, you will have a strong drive and enthusiasm for any task at hand!
In a partly supporting and partly independent role you will be involved in setting up and executing various events and exhibitions. We are looking for a practically strong person who can and wants to work from both a commercial perspective and from an idealistic perspective. You will be supervised by one of our Account Managers.
What will be your responsibilities?
• Planning events and fairs (arranging events, location, attendees and materials etc.)
• Support during events or exhibitions (stand crew)
• Developing marketing materials (product catalogue, price list)
• Maintaining contact with our product photographer
• Manage and keep the online content and store locator up-to-date
• Develop content for training of retailers
What have you already done?
• You are in the third year of a HBO or WO bachelor degree with a focus on: commercial economics, marketing, business administration, communication or similar study;
• You have an affinity for commerce, business development, innovation, sustainability, gadgets and social enterprises;
• You preferably have experience with relevant work or projects outside of your study.
Who are you?
• You can make the sun shine by gaining sales targets;
• You speak Dutch as a first language with an above-average knowledge of English in both speech and writing;
• As a plus, you have experience with trade shows, stand crew and sales activities;
• You are creative, independent, flexible, responsible, analytical and practical;
• You have an affinity for WakaWaka products, innovation, crowdfunding, social entrepreneurship, development cooperation, sustainability and new media;
• You are enthusiastic, eager to learn and a go-getter.
Why an internship at WakaWaka?
• Get experience with a rapidly growing social enterprise;
• Are part of a dynamic, young, enthusiastic and passionate team;
• Will experience an unprecedented good working atmosphere where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
• Have a lot of personal responsibility, room for input and flexible working hours;
• Are doing an internship where you do not get coffee (sometimes yes) and where your colleagues get coffee for you;
• Get satisfaction! Generate direct measurable impact in the world.
Also useful to know:
• Starting date: as of June / July 2018
• Internship hours per week: 24 - 40 hours
• Duration of the stay: 4 to 6 months
• Internship allowance: € 350 based on 40 hours per week
• Location: Haarlem
Are you ready for this unforgettable experience?
Send your motivation and CV to Esther (HR Manager) via email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible!